Svitlo School іs a registered education charity in England and Wales aimed at helping the children of Ukraine and those who have been forced to leave its territory to continue their education and acquire new skills and knowledge.
Our students are the future political, social and business leaders of independent Ukraine with excellent English skills and world-class working ethics.
Key achievements and impact to date:
- over 2000 pupils supported from all over Ukraine
- up to 12 free lessons a day to choose from
- more than 300 students enrolled at a time and 2000 overall since inception
- 80 lessons per week
- 65 volunteering teachers
- 20+ pupils progressed to British and American online schools on full scholarships: Harrow School Online, Pearson, Kings Interhigh
- established partnerships between British and Ukrainian schools for shared lessons and assemblies, peer to peer teaching and pen pals
- house points system, student council, buddies support and a sense of community
- supported by Zoom, Wedlake Bell, WorkBuzz and others
- supporting Ukrainian refugees in the UK - adult English classes and tutoring for GCSE students in British state schools